Want to hear a really weird reason why a newspaper could have trouble generating revenue online? Deleting content could possibly do that to you…
The Web sites of the two newspapers merged about a month ago, with the archives of the IHT being consumed into The NY Times. Consumed is the operative word because rather than remaining live and being readily available, the archives were erased in the move. As a result, Thomas Crampton’s journalistic career at the IHT has been wiped from existence.
You would think it goes without saying, but content is the valuable commodity here. You don’t see Wendy’s and McDonald’s throwing out perfectly good french fries do you?
- What Is Your Ideal Newspaper?
- How Do You Learn All This…Stuff?
- Should News Organizations Consider A Bundle Package?
- Can Laid-off Journalists Reinvent Themselves?
- MSM vs Bloggers, Round #8,283