Some people are calling it a lifeline for newspapers and magazines. Amazon is expected to announce it’s larger screen Kindle today designed especially for these larger publications.
Now the recession-ravaged newspaper and magazine industries are hoping for their own knight in shining digital armor, in the form of portable reading devices with big screens.
The subscription model that is eventually developed is the key. Just like the affordable and convenient iTunes store and iPods made it easy to buy new music, Amazon real challenge to find a way to distribute newspapers and magazines in a way that is affordable and convenient for readers and profitable for publishers.
There has to be some savings in all that ink and paper though.
- I’ll Pay For That If You Do This
- Think The New Media is Bound to Dominate?
- Should News Organizations Consider A Bundle Package?
- Accelerate Your Online Models
- Anderson News Imposes 7-Cent Charge