A must read from the Recovering Journalist, in which you must read the whole thing.
What’s needed now is a next stage of grief over the newspaper business: How to reinvent it. It will look radically different than what we know now, and it will be much more about “news” than “paper.” Some of us are already working on it, and have been for some time. But now that the traditionalists are starting to understand and accept what’s happening, it’s time to move very quickly to figure out what comes next–and to stop mourning what will soon be gone.
Mark Potts goes over the five stages of grief over the newspaper industry and how journalists must move forward.
Read the whole thing.
He’s right, you know.
- Practical Information For Journalists
- Mixed Reviews For Redesigned FriendFeed
- Journalists Goals For 2009
- What Is The Solution? You Tell Us
- Video Hardly Killed The Radio Star